Tick Warning Signs
PARTNERING UP TO RAISE AWARENESS!
PA Lyme Resource Network’s Dare 2B Tick Aware™ program, in partnership with Get Outdoors PA, is bringing TICK WARNING SIGNS to our communities. We’re working hard to get these signs prominently posted in parks and athletic fields across Pennsylvania.
We want to empower people to better protect themselves and stay safer while enjoying the outdoors!
From family walks and bike rides at local parks to playing favorite sports at nearby fields, people are getting outdoors … and we want them to know how to better protect themselves from ticks and the devastating diseases they transmit.
Awareness and prevention are more crucial than ever. That’s why we continue our mission to bring tick-borne disease education, support and advocacy to our communities.
Here’s how to order tick warning signs for your local parks and fields:
GET YOUR 5 FREE TICK WARNING SIGNS
We’re offering a limited number of free tick warning signs.
Ready to raise awareness?
- Available for FREE to community groups, township/county/state parks, outdoor recreationists, sports venues, etc. Availability is on a first-come, first-served basis and will continue until our inventory runs out.
- Groups can initially request a maximum of 5 signs. If an organization needs more signs, they can order them directly from the printer at a cost.
- BEFORE putting signs up in any public space, you must get permission from any entity that runs or owns the space.
Yes! Send me 5 FREE tick warning signs!
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Once you receive your signs, it’s time to get them out into your community and raise tick prevention awareness!
AFTER placing signs on a post or fence (we don’t recommend trees):
- Take a picture.
- Post it to PA Lyme Resource Network’s Facebook page.
- Tag us in your post: #PALymeTickSign & #GetOutdoorsPA
- Send us the name of the park/address/town/zip where the signs were posted.
- We will add a pin for your sign to our PA Tick Sign map (soon to be here on our website!).
ORDER ADDITIONAL TICK WARNING SIGNS
To order additional signs (at a cost), please complete these two easy steps:
SIZE: 8½” x 11″
MATERIAL: Plastic core/aluminum exterior with UV-resistant ink/laminate to protect colors
MOUNTING: 1 hole top center and 1 hole bottom center (indicated by pink dots on image below) for zip ties. 10 zip ties are included with your “5 FREE” order. For additional orders (at a cost), you supply the zip ties.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
This is a great sign! We are placing them in local parks, community gardens, and local student sports fields. The signs hit all the main prevention points and will definitely help prevent new cases of Lyme disease.